Control Products, Inc., is a business unit of Emerson Electric Corp, a Fortune 500 company and world leader in climate control, environmental monitoring and consumer products.
Since 1985, Control Products has been designing and manufacturing quality electronic temperature and humidity controls, indicators, alarms and home environmental monitoring systems. Hundreds of thousands of homeowners have enjoyed peace of mind using Control Products’ line of Protected Home products like the popular FreezeAlarm™ and HomeSitter™.
The Protected Home Difference
Protected Home is not only a name, but a promise for PEACE of MIND from damage caused by frozen pipes, water leaks, mold and power outages.
Design and Manufacturing for Reliability
Control Products has its own engineers, focused on developing not only the most affordable products, but also the most reliable products to protect a home.We back up our design with our own manufacturing facilities in Minnesota and China to ensure we make, test and sell a quality product that will provide years of service
Diversified and Global
Control Products has grown to become a global manufacturing and distribution company with three primary business segments:
- Protected Home: The consumer products division selling home environmental protection products for temperature monitoring, water alarms for leak detection and humidity monitoring.
- Standard Products: Off-the-shelf controls, alarms, indicators and sensors for temperature and humidity – used in HVAC, refrigeration, industrial and food service equipment applications.
- Custom OEM: Designing and manufacturing custom OEM electronic controls for a wide variety of industries including the Food Service, HVAC, refrigeration, medical, industrial and consumer products industries.
Protected Home is based in Chanhassen, Minnesota, a suburb of Minneapolis. Minnesota winters are legendary with International Falls, Minnesota often recording the coldest temperature in the nation on many days. It is our Minnesota winters that helped define our Protected Home division. The FreezeAlarm was first introduced to the public in 1987. This remote temperature-monitoring product has evolved to include internet monitoring of a home with our newest HomeSitter Wireless Cellular Connected Home Monitoring System.
Today, Protected Home manufactures and distributes its products throughout the world. Our products have been featured on the Today Show, HGTV, Popular Mechanics, Consumer’s Digest, Handyman’s Guide and countless local television news programs.
Emerson Electric Corporation is committed to protecting the environment and safeguarding its employees. We have taken progressive steps as a global manufacturer toward keeping our environment safe from harmful chemicals and giving our employees the benefits and resources to have enjoyable family lives.
- Compliance with regulations concerning hazardous substances in our products and plants.
- Lead Free Manufacturing Worldwide.
- Manage supply chains of the components we buy to reduce packaging and waste materials and establish short lead times to keep inventory stocks fresh and eliminate wasting materials that expire.
- Innovative measures to reduce our energy consumption and thus make our carbon footprint a little smaller.
- Our several hundred US & China employees enjoy competitive wages, benefits and company activities that allow for breakdown of departmental barriers and open communication of company performance and strategic vision.
We look forward to protecting your home with our home protection products. We are confident you’ll be happy with your purchase from Control Products, Inc. and will enjoy the Protected Home Difference.
If you have ideas for new products or ways to improve our service to our customers, please contact us by phone or email:
- Phone 800-880-6000
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org